Apply | Paths
Thank you for your interest in PAThS! We welcome new PhD and DMin cohorts every 2 years.
Our next intake for East Africa is September 2018.
Our next intake for West Africa is August 2018.
PhD applicants are now being considered for 2020 entry.
DMin applicants are still being accepted for 2018 entry. The application deadline has been EXTENDED to April 30, 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PHD APPLICANTS: To meet the Greek language prerequisite, those desiring to enter the PhD program in 2020 should plan to attend Greek classes offered at our Togo campus July 1-26 and November 18-December 13, 2019. See the PhD Admission Requirements page for more information.
Technology: Prior to final acceptance, students will be required to pass an online computer proficiency exam.
1. To apply for either program, ensure that the following forms are downloaded and completed:
- Click here for application form
- Click here for health history form
- Click here for personal reference form
- Click here for church reference form
- Click here for transcript request form
Files are .pdf version and will open in a new window. Download to your computer, complete digitally, save, and send as e-mail attachments to email@example.com.
Don't have Adobe Reader? Click here to download for free.
Note for those using Chrome web browser: Chrome is no longer compatible with Adobe Reader, and you will be unable to view the .pdf documents properly. Please use a different browser. Advanced Chrome users may wish to enter "about:plugins" in their Chrome address bar; this will redirect you to a page where you can manage the plugins for Chrome. Go down to "Chrome PDF Viewer" and click "disable." Once this is done, you will be able to download the .pdf documents from the website.
All files may be downloaded, printed, completed by hand, and mailed to: PAThS Admissions Office, P.O. Box 6200, Springfield, MO, 65801, U.S.A.
Instructions for reference forms: Complete the top section of each reference form (entitled Applicant). The person providing the reference should then complete the remainder of the form, sign, and submit directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org or PAThS Admissions Office, P.O. Box 6200, Springfield, MO, 65801, U.S.A. Completed reference forms may not be submitted by the applicant.
2. Applicants must also submit, via email attachment, an electronic copy in English of one of their final papers from their MA/MDiv program (a minimum of 20 pages). This paper will be evaluated to verify the student's ability in the English language to: (a) study and write at a doctoral level using good grammar, syntax, and style; (b) think and communicate logically; (c) do critical analysis; and (d) organize a research paper in an academically credible style. This paper can be either a final paper for a course, or the literature review portion of the Master's thesis (if applicable).
Applicants who have done their graduate work in French must personally translate the MA/MDiv paper into English before sending.
3. Enclose a recent passport photo.
4. Enclose a current curriculum vitae.
5. Remit the $75 application fee.
Important: Your application cannot be processed until the Admissions Office has received all application forms listed above, and the nonrefundable $75 application fee. This fee can be mailed to: PAThS Admissions Office, P.O. Box 6200, Springfield, MO, 65801, U.S.A. For alternative payment arrangements, please direct inquiries to the Registrar: email@example.com.
6. Interview: Once the application fee has been remitted and all application materials have been submitted and received a positive evaluation, the applicant will be contacted to schedule an admissions interview via phone or Skype. This is the final stage in the admissions process.
Need assistance? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!